Sep 13, 2009
I have had a ukulele since April but was always too shy to record myself. :L I recorded a couple of songs today, they have a few mistakes and I messed up the strumming at some times, but here they are anyway.

I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab for Cutie.

Marching Bands of Manhattan - Death Cab for Cutie. This one sounds pretty repetitive. I started singing around the second verse but it's really soft, you might not be able to hear it.

Pokemon!

I ran through the Elite 4 and Cynthia last night and got the National Dex and PokeRadar. I thought I'd skipped a lot of trainers and would be behind on my Sinnoh Dex, but it wasn't too bad. I had missed a double battle in Eterna Forest that I needed, and since I skipped all the trainers in Hearthome Gym I needed to see the Drifloon at Valley Windworks, but by the time I got to Cynthia I had 148/150, so Garchomp and Spiritomb finished it off.

I caught Heatran and Cresselia earlier today, and once it hits 10pm, I'm going to get Rotom. :3 Heatran took about 16 Ultra Balls, but I just used my Master Ball on Cresselia.

There's been a bunch of new HGSS information since the Japanese release, and consequently, the rom has become available. I know a lot of people who downloaded the rom for it and it really annoys me for some reason, and I'm not even that against piracy or whatever, normally. D:< Just seems really ridiculous to not wait for an English release if you can't read Japanese, or to import the Japanese version and play it if you can. I hate the fact that people are practically brute-forcing their way through the Japanese release when they're just relying on information from other people or sites to understand what's going on, or relying on their memory from playing Gold/Silver/Crystal ten years ago. It isn't that hard to just wait for the game to be released in a language you can understand.

/rant.

Aside from all that, the information/screenshots that I've seen are pretty interesting. It seems that the Pokedex goes by catching, not seeing, which is kind of annoying. D: I liked how the Sinnoh Dex worked off just seeing Pokemon.

I'm reading the Serebii information thread, and just found this gem:
"I have to take a break, needless to say I threw up on my keyboard a bit

I'm so so sorry for this. I'll catch up as soon as I can"
:|

People aren't going to die if they have to wait for information. There's working quickly through a game to unlock as much new information as you can, and there's ridiculously overloading and apparently forgetting to take your meds and getting sick. Some people are ridiculous.

On a more positive note, only 4 days until my birthday, and 8 days until I go to Perth. :)

Edit:

I'm still reading the Serebii thread.
"I dunno how much more I can do today. I've been up 38 hours straight, it's starting to take its toll"
dsfghkjl!

Why would you stay up 38 hours straight when you're obviously not enjoying it and probably feeling awful and it's so RIDICULOUS I can't even understand it.

WHILE I'M HERE.


4 Comments:

it's so awesome that you know how to play the ukulele! i tried to learn the acoustic guitar half a year ago but i failed miserably because my fingers are very weak and clumsy, so :| i'd love to learn the ukulele horribly though.

your blogs about pokemon make me want to play. i've only ever had pokemon blue so that's a huge leap away from the current version, haha.

By Blogger :), at September 14, 2009 at 1:21 AM  

Makes me miss my uke. So sad it got broke :(.

By Blogger Nolan, at September 14, 2009 at 1:54 AM  

You've inspired me to record something on my ukuele, though the pickup is falling out =\ and i only have a webcam mic with me

Joe

By Blogger The Beastiophiles, at September 14, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

The only instrument I can play is the recorder and keyboard (only a teeny tiny bit on the keyboard however).

Yeah, it is pretty silly about the whole pokemon HGSS ROM thing. I'd rather enjoy the game than rush through the whole thing and be sick. On Pearl I still haven't completed it, I'm only up to he E4. Can't be bothered. xS

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 15, 2009 at 2:17 AM  

Post a Comment